On 28 January 2015 at 14:27, Savolainen, Petri (NSN - FI/Espoo)
<petri.savolai...@nsn.com> wrote:
> There's no warnings as long as size_t and ssize_t variables are not compared.
And there is no need to compare size_t and ssize_t variables or
values. Problem solved.

> len = -odp_cpumask_to_str(&mask, NULL, 0);
>
> This looks odd with the minus sign... Almost len -= ...
To me it looks like we are negating the value of odp_cpumask_to_str().
But you could also write it like this:
len = (-odp_cpumask_to_str(&mask, NULL, 0));

> ssize_t odp_cpumask_to_str(const odp_cpumask_t *mask, char *buf, ssize_t
> bufsz);
>
> This forces application to use signed buf length and implementation to check
> that bufsz >0.
It works with size_t bufsz as well. I actually already changed that.

> size_t odp_cpumask_to_str(const odp_cpumask_t *mask, char *str, size_t len)
> would be closer to snprintf() types and logic... which people already know.
I am not sure many programmers know the complete snprintf return
values that well. It is easier to assume that your buffer will be
large enough (because you (think you) know your inputs) and then just
ignore the returned value.

To me it is quesy that some positive values indicates success and
other positive values indicate failure. Especially since we now have a
convention of using negative values to signify error and there are
also more than one instance of using non-zero positive values for
success.