> I don't think these use cases can be supported unless we define that
> ODP calls must detect INVALID handles and handle them in a
> well-defined manner. The question is which calls, perhaps all of them.

To me "undefined behavior" is crash or return error. That should be the goal
for implementers anyway.

Implementation has basically two options
- use pointer as handle and access that without checking it => crash
- use index as handle: fast to check it and return error, or map the table
memory so that invalid handle cause page miss and crash.

Third, option would be to successfully use invalid handles/pointers into memory
and return success for any random handles, but I would not use that
implementation for production...

-Petri