On 08/04/15 18:07, Maxim Uvarov wrote:
On 04/08/15 20:02, Zoltan Kiss wrote:
Hi,

OVS has a major performance issue with pktio at the moment: pktio
always does parsing, but OVS does it for itself as well, and it is
quite deeply woven into its code, so we can't easily modify it to use
the ODP parsed data. Also, not every platform accelerate that (e.g.
DPDK), at the moment it would make more sense to make parsing optional
for pktio, so an application can opt not to do it.
I can see two options now to define the API:
- odp_pktio_open get a new bool parameter for this purpose
- we create a new odp_pktio_enable/disable_parse function pair for
this purpose

Any opinions about these options?

Regards,

Zoli

Hi Zoltan, do you have numbers with parsing and without?
The difference was ~1 Mpps, as far as I remember.

Maxim.