Hi Bala,

Thanks for your feedback. My comments inline.

1. The term ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS could be renamed as ODP_PMR_OFFSET_L2 as
this offset is from L2.
This would help some platforms which can support additional offset from
custom layer other than L2 and they can add additional Enum in their
private header file to enhance the feature.

I am not against a renaming, but this is intended to start at the beginning of the packet, this is why I called it 'ABS' for 'ABSOLUTE'.

2. This PMR term ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS_L2 could NOT be added in the middle
of a PMR chain as most platforms parse the packets in a linear order and
it might not be feasible to come back and check the L2 starting offset
lets say after parsing any L3 or L2 parameter. I would like to know if
this behavior is common across all platforms. Any comments are welcome here.

But what if you create a PMR on ODP_PMR_DMAC and then a ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS where the offset is greater than that? I believe this is an implementation restriction. I think it should be possible to reorder the rules in the implementation before configuring the HW.

3. In Cavium implementation only one of this term ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS_L2
can be attached to a single pktio interface. Would like to know if other
HWs have this same limitation or that any number of this terms can be
attached.

We can attach up to 10 such rules per CoS.

ben