Hi Ben,

Pls find my comments inline.

On 2 July 2015 at 18:48, Benoît Ganne <bga...@kalray.eu> wrote:

> Hi Bala,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. My comments inline.
>
>  1. The term ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS could be renamed as ODP_PMR_OFFSET_L2 as
>> this offset is from L2.
>> This would help some platforms which can support additional offset from
>> custom layer other than L2 and they can add additional Enum in their
>> private header file to enhance the feature.
>>

> I am not against a renaming, but this is intended to start at the
> beginning of the packet, this is why I called it 'ABS' for 'ABSOLUTE'.
>
>  2. This PMR term ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS_L2 could NOT be added in the middle
>> of a PMR chain as most platforms parse the packets in a linear order and
>> it might not be feasible to come back and check the L2 starting offset
>> lets say after parsing any L3 or L2 parameter. I would like to know if
>> this behavior is common across all platforms. Any comments are welcome
>> here.
>>

> But what if you create a PMR on ODP_PMR_DMAC and then a ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS
> where the offset is greater than that? I believe this is an implementation
> restriction. I think it should be possible to reorder the rules in the
> implementation before configuring the HW.

This will not be feasible in my platform since DMAC is a predefined TERM
and the packet parsing pointer will be moved to this location to read the
value and OFFSET_L2 is something which needs to be calculated when the
packet pointer is at the start.

>  3. In Cavium implementation only one of this term ODP_PMR_OFFSET_ABS_L2
>> can be attached to a single pktio interface. Would like to know if other
>> HWs have this same limitation or that any number of this terms can be
>> attached.
>>

> We can attach up to 10 such rules per CoS.

Does this mean that at each CoS level you can attach 10 different OFFSET
with different values? Our platform cannot implement this change.

> ben

Regards,
Bala