On 25 November 2015 at 08:25, Bill Fischofer <bill.fischo...@linaro.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Anders Roxell <anders.rox...@linaro.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 25 November 2015 at 11:09, Maxim Uvarov <maxim.uva...@linaro.org>
>> wrote:

>> patch.

>> this.

>> --help

>> Bill, we don't run all variants with build-all.sh because people
>> complained that it
>> took too long time to run... that is why we have build-all.sh and
>> detailed-analysis.sh
>>

> So detailed-analysis.sh is the real build-all and build-all should really
> be called build-some?

They do have different purposes, and both are just wrappers around the real
tool build.sh which has many options which are called in sequence by these
scripts.

detailed-analysis.sh
builds lcov, doxygen, the user docs, clang and sparse - so it tests more of
the things people forget that are not in the normal build / test loop

build-all.sh
builds all the architectures we use so, 32 and 64 bit versions on AMD(X86)
and ARM and its intent is to discover cross compiling issues

amd64
amd32 on 64
arm
arm64

If there patches for better names, new collections of calls or additions to
the help description send them to lng-check-...@lists.linaro.org