On 01/12/2016 21:57, Zoltan Kiss wrote:
Hi,

We have a couple of places where the entire source file couldn't be copied from linux-generic, but some of the functions are. E.g. the loopback implementation from linux-generic's pktio code is something like that. It would be nice to somehow get the updates and fixes for this codebase, but my current best way is to compare the code of these copies and based on the differences use diff to figure out which commits are relevant for us.
Does anyone have a more automated idea for this problem?

In that case we should move that functions to separate file in linux-generic. Or reorganize code somehow in linux-generic to make your work simpler.

Maxim.

Regards,

Zoltan Kiss