On 13/01/16 13:46, Maxim Uvarov wrote:
On 01/13/2016 00:15, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin wrote:
Hi,

I have the same issue with our implementation.
I usually either work from the git diff of linux generic before and
post update and backport changed or to a diff of the diff of
linux-generic vs mppa platform before and after the merge.
Theoretically the diff you be clode to void (except line changed) once
you backport everything.

I've looked a bit around and if your code is close enough to the
official one (ours start to be quite different on many files), you can
try something like this:
MBOX=$(mktemp); (cd platform/linux-generic/ && git format-patch
--relative COMMIT1..COMMIT2 --stdout -- . > $MBOX) && git am -3
--directory platform/dpdk/ $MBOX

dpdk has symlinks to linux-generic so in many places it just reuses files.

Symlinks are only in the include directory. C files are reused through Makefile.am

Maxim.

It will try to apply all the patches that went into the linux-generic
file into the dpdk platform.
It seems to work OK although I can see a lot of conflicts (trying to
merge API next into our master may be a bit hard for a first try)

I'll give it a try when master gets few commits in linux-generic post 1.6

Nicolas