On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Maxim Uvarov <maxim.uva...@linaro.org> wrote:
> We need more review for that patch.
>
> From one side it's good changes and logically it's right to make api visible
> and other functions not visible by default. From other point of view I can
> not find any other libs which do exactly the same thing. So it's not clear
> what we can break with that changes, if we can.

We do have quite a few other examples of libraries and projects using
a similar approach (e.g. mesa, wayland, tslib), but they are usually
controlling symbol by symbol instead of using pragma for the entire
header.

A common example is defining EXPORT as __attribute__
((visibility("default"))) and then manually having that as part of
each public symbol/declaration.

So I guess the decision to make is if we want to have that as part of
the header, and if pragma or manual exposure via __attribute__ should
be used.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti