Yes we can document that. If Travis passes patch can be send to mailing
list. We should continuously improve Travis scripts to add more build and
targets. We can add hooks to compile it and run on different hardware which
we care about.
Problem with Travis is that we do not control it. Images can be updated.
Virtual machines can be down and etc.

To check different tools version we update DEPENDENCIES and ./configure
script.

The other problem is that patch introduced some problem. Like it does not
compile on new version of Ubuntu. Yes it's hard to predict that but it has
to be fixed before merging if feedback was get on mailing list.

Best regards,
Maxim.