On 22 June 2017 at 02:18, Maxim Uvarov <maxim.uva...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Yes we can document that.
That would be greatly helpful, knowing exactly what are the check points.

If Travis passes patch can be send to mailing
> list. We should continuously improve Travis scripts to add more build and
> targets. We can add hooks to compile it and run on different hardware which
> we care about.
> Problem with Travis is that we do not control it. Images can be updated.
> Virtual machines can be down and etc.
>
> To check different tools version we update DEPENDENCIES and ./configure
> script.
>
> The other problem is that patch introduced some problem. Like it does not
> compile on new version of Ubuntu. Yes it's hard to predict that but it has
> to be fixed before merging if feedback was get on mailing list.

This is the change in compilation environment. We as a community need
to accept to introduce/upgrade to this new environment. Otherwise, if
all of us have environments that differ, it becomes difficult for one
contributor to satisfy all the environments.