On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 13:13 -0400, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>> I'd think this issue would hit close to home -- California had some
>> rough times regarding not focusing on the whole state a while back.
>
> I wouldn't categorize the California Team issues as being trouble with
> not focusing on the whole state, and those issues would not be addressed
> by what is being proposed here.

All the conversations I had with the team-mates really made me think so

>> Does anyone disagree with coming to the conclusion that we need to
>> make sure a LoCo focuses on a whole state and not just one city in a
>> state? -- I thought that was in the definition of a LoCo, but I could
>> just be a liberal judge ;)
>
> I don't think anyone disagrees with that but I still think documentation
> is the way to go here.  Certainly we don't need a policy guideline for
> that.

Well, I'd like to see it implemented as a standard.

I think you're seeing this too black-and-white. This is not some
boolean switch...

Let's get this worked out as a policy. Let's take Nathan's objections
into consideration when we draft this ( don't make this
black-and-white / do-or-die policy for LoCos, rather a standard, and
the goal of an ideal team. )

> --
> Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com>
> Ubuntu California Local Community Team