Le 27/08/2010 12:54, Daniel Holbach a écrit :
Am 20.08.2010 02:32, schrieb YoBoY:
The official Ubuntu.com first.
Where exactly would you like to put it?

This page seems the right place to start with.
http://www.ubuntu.com/community

The wiki.ubuntu.com, the LoCo teams can make links to point their
upcomming events.
That sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe we could put it as a
suggestion somewhere in the "how to start a loco" guide?

Yes, and in the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList page, a link to the locodirectory.

The word "LoCo" is an acronym who stand for Local Community. I know
that. But my mom and a lot of people don't know that. The front page
have 9 "LoCo" in it but 0 Local Community.
I agree it'd be nice to have some explanatory text on the main page. Can
somebody file a bug with some suggestion for a piece of text?

The modified title took care of that point, some of the translations had already corrected that acronym problem before that.

All Launchpad team owners and admins should go and
   - visit their Launchpad team page and change the display name
     of the team to "Ubuntu<Country/State/City>" (don't change the
     launchpad ID of the team)
   - visit their team page in loco.ubuntu.com and select the country
     they are doing their lion share of good work

Please let's all make and effort to get this right!

All the teams ar not "One country" based. I can't do that, change the
name, for my team.
Well, in some cases it might need a bit of thinking to come up with
something that is more revealing than, just as an example, 'ubuntu-fr',
but I'm sure we can get this right.

sure :)

Having the countries is a big step. Perhaps just adding the country
after the team name, or making some automatic filtering to mask the
ubuntu and the team words where we can.
Does the search filter on country names of the team?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/613132
I added a comment on it.

I searched for France, ubuntu-fr, catalan. The result is the same, the
page don't change.
Is there a bug for it?

      It's amazing how many events are listed here. And I can search on
      country name, city name, team name, month name, but not in my own
      language. And I can see the past events. This list is even bigger.
      But it seems I can't yet filter it.

Searching in your language might be a bit hard to implement. Where do
you see the past events?

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/history/<<  the events page, the submenu
have the link to it.
Is there a bug for the broken event search?

I don't think so.

->   Provides local support. Lot of teams say Yes. But what is local support ?

It might make sense to be able to add a link explaining where to get
that local support.

But what is "Local support" ? it's realy a community thing ?
It's always been part of the LoCoTeamsList wiki page. I encourage to
have a debate about the purpose and sense of this. Until a conclusion is
reached I wouldn't change anything in the LoCo Directory though.

Ok, I haven't noticed that column before :) I opne a new thread for that point.

What do you suggest in terms of "social network integration"?
The possibility to see the twitts on the event page. The facebook event
link.
Can somebody file bugs for this?

done : https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/625288

Have a great day,