On Mar 27, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Bernard Stumpf wrote:
Curt Arnold,

I have been unable to find sample XML configuration files among the log4cxx unit tests or examples.

I found this file: performance.xml under log4cxx/src/test/ resources, but it does not seem to have been run by the unit tests, and it has references to files like file-noflush.xml which cannot be found in the log4cxx tree.

Q1) Do you know where I could find these, and how log4cxx is configured to use one?

Q2) How does one run the test contained in performance.xml ? It has this under <target name="usage">:

      These are the targets supported by this ANT build scpript:
      all - run all performance tests
      null         - run performance tests using NullAppender
      file         - run performance tests using FileAppender
file-noflush - run performance tests using FileAppender without immediate flush file-bufferedio - run performance tests using FileAppender without buffered IO
      telnet - run performace tests with TelnetAppender

thanks,
-Bernie Stumpf

Please address your questions to the mailing list, not to any individual developer.

I've removed src/test/resources/performance.xml. I assume it was associated with a substantial body of incomplete performance tests that were removed in issue LOGCXX-232.