Mattias Brändström a écrit :

Hello!

I have two questions about the log4cxx API.

First of all, when I configure log4cxx in the following way:

    log4cxx::PropertyConfigurator::configure(string("/usr"));

it fails silently. Is this the way it is supposed to behave?

I think so.

I would have preffered it to say something similar to what it says when I point it to a file that edoes not exist.

My second question is about the String class. In the examples I have seen strings are constructed with _T(). Where is this function declared?

This is a macro used by gettext for internationalisation. cf gettext documentation for more information.

Where is String declared?

helper/tchar.h:

   310     typedef std::basic_string<TCHAR> String;

Will it be OK for me to send strings to log4cxx using std::string?

Yes, if TCHAR is a char, then String is equivalent to std::string.

Regards,

--
Christophe de Vienne