> So is there any possibility to have an log4cxx appender logging to a memory
> mapped file? (primary target is Linux)
>
> Does anybody have had experience with implementing that? How would you do
> it?

No experience, no.  A rough hack would be to call
WriterAppender::setWriter on a ConsoleAppender instance passing a
custom Writer implementation that groks a mmap-ed file.  I'm
unconvinced this would work, however, given the behavior of the
private ConsoleAppender::target member mentioned in
ConsoleAppender::setTarget.  A better version would be, I think, to
create a new WriterAppender subclass doing what you want.

Curiosity, turning off the buffering on FileAppender isn't close
enough to what you want?

- Rhys