From: Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:16 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Next release

Guten Tag Bonneau, Guy,
am Dienstag, 19. Dezember 2017 um 17:37 schrieben Sie:

> I am trying to compile under Ubuntu and Gentoo the apache log4cxx
> next stable release at:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__logging.apache.org_log4cxx_next-5Fstable_download.html&d=DwIFAw&c=Bg5XULDZR8GiOSSWNlpkCsRePnGDkKcI6oYL9xv1MnQ&r=FS_sYZOzl9JFXNzFbJy3VRLa4Kton7YEcXPfx0WjQRA&m=rFrmQKDpBZ5P7SKkJxalFd0HXDba6ejzdg8sSiLitD8&s=BEKKlnIKDfEU8Eb9kO2IJTxwGniY5c8FYoCxzGXr1cs&e=
>   .

With which files are you testing? That page mentions files not
existing currently und there's no "next_stable" branch in the sources.
Are you simply testing with master?

> I saw
> that the shared library are still created with versionning .10.
> Shouln't the definition of variable LT_VERSION in  configure.ac be
> incremented to version 11 ?

I wasn't sure how this thing is used, because from my understanding of
the docs above that line I had the feeling that 10:1:0 should be used
next, because we have no breaking interfaces I'm aware of. Looking at
the history of that thing, it seems to only be increased by one.

So what is the correct usage? I didn't find any useful docs.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use or deliver
this message to anyone. In such event, you should destroy the message and
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. It is understood that opinions or
conclusions that do not relate to the official business of the company are
neither given nor endorsed by the company. Thank You.