On 21/06/2007, at 4:18 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

I'd still like us to consider finishing the property support included in LoggerRepositoryEx (mostly requiring new functionality being added to LoggingEvent). It would make finishing up the backporting of the appenders & receivers essentially complete.

Will these new functionality still retain binary backward compatibility?

Also, I'm not sure of the state of our support for slf4j via ULogger - are we planning on removing that or tracking slf4j?

Gosh, I hadn't even thought about this. I don't even remember the concept of ULogger. Maybe slf4j is the way to go, we could use maven profiles to produce two seperate versions of log4j?

Paul