I would love to go, but i have to deal with a view personal issues (which are not meant to be discussed in public)
That makes it impossible for me to travel.

However I was presenting Apache Logging at ACEU 2012 and it was an amazing experience.
I can only recommend it to everybody "new" at this project or not.
The things you learn and the people you'll meet definitely make a difference. In example I met a few ASF fellow of whom I thought I didn't like them. I was so wrong! mails are useful for us, but in reality people are *so* different to mails.

What I also enjoyed were the feedback after the talks(s).

Here are my old slides:
http://www.slideshare.net/christiangrobmeier/world-of-logging

I also think Logging is an important topic and a focus on logging would surely help us
to promote log4j in the US.