"I simply don’t have time to read long emails that a) don’t ask me how to solve a specific problem, b) don’t ask for a specific feature to be implemented, c) don’t ask me how to explain how something works or d) don’t say “What can I do to help”."

All of what you say basically boils down to the fact that you want to simply relax and not have to think about hard stuff. It is a hobby project so to speak (to be assuming again) but there is no reflection in their. No thinking about WHAT you are doing. You are doing it, but you don't think about what it is.

b) I can't ask you for a specific feature yet because I have yet to discover and develop what it needs to be. That's why I am spending my time with Log4J, to improve it. If I just wanted to use it and nothing else, well I would not have. It is too flawed for that, from my point of view (sorry about that).

c) I'm doing that as I go along but I also need to communicate

d) I already know how I can help. You don't have to tell me.

Well, that's about it, for now again, at least.