Just a bit more info... I wrote a quick standalone program (i.e. not running
inside weblogic - just using weblogic as the JMS server) that logs a couple
messages to the JMSAppender. After a few runs of this program, I get the
same deaf JMSSink symptom.

At this point, I'm still suspecting it's a weblogic JMS issue. Anyone have
experiences with weblogic's JMS? I'm using weblogic 5.1.

Thanks again,
-Scott