My servlet (running under Apache Web Server w/ Tomcat) works with the following:

   URL log4jProps = new URL("http://localhost/log4j.properties");
   org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(log4jProps);
-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Prasad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 12:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: info Req on how to use log4j for Applets ( server client config)

Hi

I am developing an application ( applet application) which is put on a HTTP server. any client within our network can access this application.
Now how do I specify the configuration file name for the PropertyConfigurator.configure("filename");

I tried to use the [RelativeURL] but itdoes not accept.
similarly if I have to log the info/debug messages how can I specify the file name
for logging as the log should be generated on the machine running the HTTP server.

I tried to read through the documentation on Log4J but I could not get this info.

Please help me learn how to use log4j for my application.
regards
Ravi Prasad