I moved the .../xml/Transform.java file to contribs/CekiGulcu. It was a mistake to
place it in the distribution in the first place. Ceki

At 12:22 16.02.2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Geert,
>
>With a simple check, you can see where the "trax" classes are used from:
>
>[venus]/home/skitchin/loghack/jakarta-log4j/org-> find . -name "*.java"
>-exec grep trax {} \; -print
>import org.apache.trax.Processor;
>import org.apache.trax.TemplatesBuilder;
>import org.apache.trax.Templates;
>import org.apache.trax.Transformer;
>import org.apache.trax.Result;
>import org.apache.trax.ProcessorException;
>import org.apache.trax.ProcessorFactoryException;
>import org.apache.trax.TransformException;
>./apache/log4j/xml/Transform.java
>
>ie they are only needed to compile the Transform class.
>
>Transform is not an essential part of log4j, so the easiest
>solution is just to remove the Transform class from the
>source directory before compiling. I think Transform is
>some XSLT-related utility for pretty-formatting xml-format
>log output files, though I can't say for certain...I think it
>is a Ceki special research project :-)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Simon

----
Ceki Gülcü           e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
av. de Rumine 5              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CH-1005 Lausanne
Switzerland            Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15