The short answer is no. SyslogAppender will not work with Unix domain sockets. Setting
SyslogHost to localhost is still UDP/IP.

At 00:03 23.02.2001 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Can we use the syslog appender with a syslog daemon that is NOT running
>in IP mode ­ i.e., the case where the syslog daemon is on the same
>machine as the java process and is using "unix domain sockets"? If so,
>how do we configure this? What about setting the
>log4j.appender.syslog.SyslogHost property to localhost?
>
>Mike Papper

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15