Looking at the code, I could override the setSyslogHost(String
syslogHost) method of SyslogAppender and return a assign a subclass of
SyslogWriter thatuses domain sockets...

if Java supports such a socket type. Anyone know if its within Java to
support this type of socket?

Mike Papper

On 2/22/2001, 4:17:13 PM, Ceki Gülcü <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding Re: Does
The Syslog Appender Work With Unix Domain Sockets?:

> The short answer is no. SyslogAppender will not work with Unix domain
sockets. Setting SyslogHost to localhost is still UDP/IP.