Ye,

Have a look at the Category.log(String callerFQN, Priority priority, Object message,
Throwable t) method. It should solve the problem you mention. Set the callerFQN to the
fully qualified name of your wrapper/utility class. Cheers, Ceki

At 00:14 24.02.2001 -0800, Ye Tao wrote:
>Hey gurus
>
>For various reasons I am wrapping the log4j API's in a
>homegrown Logger utility class. For example, I have an
>
>info() method that calls Category.info() internally.
>
>The problem that I have now is with the location
>information generated by %M, %L, or %l. The
>LocationInfo.java obtains the location information by
>parsing the stack trace printouts. It always return
>the method just one frame up in the stack above
>org.apache.log4j.Category.log(), which in my case is
>the info() method in my homegrown utility. This
>basically leaves the %M, %L, %l useless to me as they
>always report the location as in the utility class
>instead of the one that calls the info() method.
>
>Is there any way around it? Like can I override the
>default behavior from LocationInfo?
>
>thanks a ton.

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15