From: william young [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 11:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Multiple calls to PropertyConfigurator.configure(log4jURL)

I need to be able to reconfigure log4j after I have
already called
PropertyConfigurator.configure(log4jURL).  We are
runnning under an app server and want to be able to
turn off and on different levels of debug, without
having to change the configuration file and cycle
the server.  Can't we just edit the config file and
call PropertyConfigurator.configure(log4jURL) multiple

times?

Anyone have any other ideas we should try to
dynamically change logging levels?

Thanks
Bill.