From: John Carnahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 10:52 AM
To: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Difference in using BasicConfigurator v.s. DOMCOnfigurator

Jim,

Why is this so? Assuming the file is local, Class.getResource will
return a URL with prefix 'file' that should work regardless of whether
the file is a properties file or xml. As long as either is somewhere in
the classpath this works great. The only question that would remain is
precedence if both are found.

John