Hi all, and good evening ceki (you will probably be the only one to answer
this),

I am using log4j and it meets almost all my requirements.  However I have two
questions

(1) How do I turn all logging off from the CONFIG file ?  What do I need to set
?  If the user does not want to log anything how should he configure the config
file ?

(2) I have created my own layout class (to output in xml) and I would like to
set an appropriate xml header (I subclasses layout and overridden the
getHeader() method)

public String getHeader() {

    StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();

    buf.append("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>\n");

    return buf.toString();
  }

while everything in the layout is ok, this header never appears anywhere in the
log file.  The same can be said if you try to set a footer.  Why ?  (I am using
fileappender)...

ANy Ideas Please anyone ?

Thanks
JP