The only solution I see is to modify LogLog to write somewhere else. We could
introduce a method, say setErrorStream, to LogLog so that you could redirect the
output stream for LogLog.error and LogLog.warn. By the way, why is it so important for
you to suppress all output even errors? Ceki

At 17:14 15.03.2001 +0000, Joseph Panico wrote:
>Folks,
>
>We have a requirement that some java processes must run without producing *any*
>output on stderr or stdout under any circumstances. Unfortunately, LogLog prints to
>stderr in the error method, even if internal debugging is disabled. We must have the
>ability to make a JVM "run silent".
>
>joe

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.

----
Ceki Gülcü          Web:   http://qos.ch
av. de Rumine 5     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
CH-1005 Lausanne           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland         Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15