Hi, I'm new to log4j but what I've seen so
far has convinced me it's the right way to
go.  However I did have a few problems getting
up and running.  Basically the SocketServer class
is using the File.toURL() method which I believe
is only a JDK1.2 method.  I've circumvented this
by adding a static fileToURL method which seems
to do the trick.  This problem also manifests
itself in Category's static initialiser when it's
trying to load in the default properties file.

For the record I'm using Visual Age 3 and
WebSphere 3 as a deployment environment.
I've checked the archives and taken a look
at the Ant build script (which I didn't run
since I was importing into VisAge), but didn't
find anything relevant.

I'm just worried that I may be using the wrong
version of Log4J (the Javadoc say's I'm on
1.0.4).

Cheerio,
   dw

P.S. Sorry, if this is to the wrong list, I
wasn't sure if this is a dev issue or a user
issue!