At 20:19 02.04.2001 +0200, Anders Kristensen wrote:
>However, you might write another TCP based appender which implements
>it's own custom logging event serialization scheme. This should be quite
>straightforward and the changes to the remote logging station would be
>fairly small.  I haven't had time to read it yet, but maybe the reliable
>syslog protocol described in
>
>  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-reliable-05.txt
>
>would make for an interesting addition to log4j.

Thanks Anders. Looks like a worthwhile protocol to read and learn. Cheers, Ceki

--
Ceki Gülcü          Web: http://qos.ch
                email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)

I hope to see you at my ApacheCon 2001 presentation
entitled "Log4j, A Logging Package for Java".

See http://ApacheCon.Com/2001/US/ for more details.