Well,

logging in EJBs is a little tricky and depends on the EJB container
implementation. According to Sun's EJB spec a EJB is not able
to write in a file. Unfortunatly, there are a few impementations
which don't behave like the spec. If you decide to use this bug, say
good by to portability.
But this is not a problem for log4j. I have good experiences with
several EJB Containers using the syslog appender. Others work
with the socket appender. (Don't get confused with the sun spec here -
you can't write a EJB acting as server using a dedicated socket. But
logging is done in the client role - that's fine.)
I did a few experiments with the JMS appender. The appender itself
looks great, but the JMS implementation I used was realy bad. You
can manage it, but be prepared to learn a lot about JMS.

This hints hopefully help
Martin Diener

Am Mittwoch,  4. April 2001 23:06 schrieben Sie: