Hi,

I'm trying to use log4J with servlets (running on weblogic)
When I try to create a category instance inside my servlet,
--------------
Category cat = Category.getInstance(NameOfTheServlet.class);
--------------
This causes internal server error. What exactly could be the problem?
I've imported the following packages in my servlet:
--------------
import org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator;
import org.apache.log4j.Category;
import org.apache.log4j.Priority;
The java file compiles without any warnings or errors but the servlet
during runtime gives 'Internal server error'.

I would really appreciate a sample code that illustrates the usage of
log4J with
servlets.

Thanks & regards,
Amit