From: Atte A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Multiple log files with SocketServer

Hi again,

By 'client group' I mean a group of EJB's. All the EJB's and the
SocketServer reside on the same server machine. In that case I can't
separate them by IP adress.

If I somehow could get the category name in SocketServer::main method (where

it listens) I could look at the category name and log to different log files

based on that. I mean instead of looking at the IP address (for example
127.11.11.1) and then look in configDir if there is any configuration file
called 127.11.11.1.lcf, I would like to look at the category name (for
example traceCat) that did send the message to SocketServer and look for the

config file traceCat.lcf.

Is there any other easier way of doing this, I mean log to files depending
on the category? (Totally one log file per category.)