I am a first-time log4j user. I have setup a script to run the
SimpleSocketServer class and have defined the SocketAppender options for my
client application in a properties file. The client application is logging data
to the log server just fine. However, when the client application ends, I get a
socket exception on the server log output.

[2001-06-20 02:24:58]  net.SocketNode() - Unexpected exception. Closing
conneciton.
java.io.IOException: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket.
     at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
     at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.peekCode(Compiled Code)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.refill(Compiled Code)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Compiled Code)
     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Compiled Code)
     at org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode.run(Compiled Code)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.