I need to know how fast you are looking for this appender to be developed.
I'd be interested in writing it but I am in the process of getting my Java
2 certification and it would be a couple of weeks before I could get to it.

Mark Russell
PNC
412-768-9603

                    Ceki Gülcü

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         To:     "LOG4J Users Mailing List"

                                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    06/21/2001           cc:

                    11:24 AM             Subject:     Re: Rolling log files

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "LOG4J Users

                    Mailing List"

This has been a number of times in the past. Any volunteers to implement
this? Regards, Ceki

At 11:04 21.06.2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I know that log4j can do rolling backup files based on file size and I
>have a config file for that. I have an example for doing daily rolling
>files as well. Is there a way to have both? For example during the day
>as the file size reaches the max file size it will cut rolling files and
>
>at the start of a new day will cut new files based on the new date and
>continue cutting the rolling files based on max file soze for the new
>day?
>
>If yes does anyone have an example configuration file?

Ceki Gülcü