hi ,

first of all , is it possible to use one configuration file with tomcat  ?
or i have to use different configuration files for every context in tomcat ?

i want to use one configuration file for different contexts , for example  i
have got two contexts

        1 - context1
        2 - context2

here is my configuration file  =
# Set root category priority to DEBUG and its only appender to A1.
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG , Con1 , Con2

# Con1 is set to be a File Appender
log4j.appender.Con1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.Con1.File=/tmp/Context1.log

# Con1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.Con1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Con1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

# Con2 is set to be a File Appender
log4j.appender.Con2=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.Con2.File=/tmp/Context2.log

# Con2 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.Con2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Con2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

i bind this configuration file to tomcat like this , in the /etc/profile
file i set TOMCAT_OPTS

TOMCAT_OPTS=" -Dlog4j.configuration=/usr/local/test/log4j.properties"

 Not = i am sure that log4j.properties  file is there

here is my bean's  code

import org.apache.log4j.*;

public class Hebelek {

        static Category cat = Category.getInstance("Con1"); // is it  true ?

        private int id ;

        public void  setWork(int value) {
                 id = value;
                 cat.info("In the setWork method");
        }

        public int getWork() {
                return id ;

then  when i try to reach  Hebelek  bean  via jsp under   Context1  ,  Log4j
gives that error =

                No appenders could be found for category (Con1)

i cant understand why ? any idea ?

Thanks ..