At 10:46 21.10.2002 +0200, you wrote:

Hi all:

I'm using Tomcat, log4j and org.apache.xml.security library.

I use a log4j.properties file to config the logging features.

It works fine until I iniritialize the org.apache.xml.security library. It seems that this library has a NullApender that it is initialized.

The log of log4j is the next:

(Reading the config from log4j.properties...)
log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
log4j: Category root set to DEBUG
log4j: Parsing appender named "file".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "file".
log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n].
log4j: End of parsing for "file".
log4j: Setting property [file] to [/home/eceejcr/LIB-PHASE1/IDP/IDP.log].
log4j: setFile called: /home/eceejcr/LIB-PHASE1/IDP/IDP.log, true
log4j: setFile ended
log4j: Parsed "file" options.
log4j: Parsing for [org.apache.xml.security] with value=[OFF].
log4j: Level token is [OFF].
log4j: Category org.apache.xml.security set to OFF
log4j: Handling log4j.additivity.org.apache.xml.security=[null]
log4j: Finished configuring.

But later...
log4j: debug attribute= "".
log4j: Ignoring debug attribute.
log4j: Threshold ="".
log4j: Level value for root is [fatal].
log4j: root level set to FATAL
log4j: Class name: [org.apache.xml.security.utils.NullAppender]
log4j: Adding appender named [NULL] to category [root].
log4j: Retreiving an instance of org.apache.log4j.Logger.
log4j: Setting [org.apache.log4j.xml] additivity to [true].
log4j: Level value for org.apache.log4j.xml is [info].
log4j: org.apache.log4j.xml level set to INFO
log4j: Retreiving an instance of org.apache.log4j.Logger.
log4j: Setting [org.apache.xml.security] additivity to [true].
log4j: Level value for org.apache.xml.security is [fatal].
log4j: org.apache.xml.security level set to FATAL
log4j: Retreiving an instance of org.apache.log4j.Logger.
log4j: Setting [org.apache.xml.security.test.AllTests] additivity to [true].
log4j: Level value for org.apache.xml.security.test.AllTests is [debug].
log4j: org.apache.xml.security.test.AllTests level set to DEBUG

And stops working properly...
Well, it seems that someone sets the root logger to FATAL and adding a NullAppender to root. Log4j is doing what it is supposed to do. Talk to the org.apache.xml.security people or whoever is doing it. It looks like the xml.security guys are hosing up the log4j configuration on purpose.

I'm blocked...

Regards,

Evaristo
--