I am currently working on a project that is using the following
products.

Bluestone application server.

Ant Scripts to run cactus and junit tests.

Up to this point, I have not had any problem logging from out
application.  However once I started extending ServletTestCase instead
of TestCase, I started to get errors as follows from both the ant
scripts and the Bluestone server console.

I have searched everywhere on the web and cannot find any pointers or
hints to get around this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ant Scripts:

    [junit] log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
    [junit] log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named
[TEMP1].
[...]

Bluestone server console.

log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [TEMP].
log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [TEMP].
log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [TEMP].
log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [TEMP].
log4j:WARN Not allowed to write to a closed appender.
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [TEMP].

All of the log4j logging appears to work fine if I am not in the
ServletTestCase?

Thanks

Shawn Storoe