Here is my configuration file.  I believe that the answer to that
question is Yes, based on the context.

But why would this affect cactus?

Thanks for responding so quickly.  I really appreciate it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration>
 <appender name="TEMP1" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
  <param name="file" value="c:/temp/appserver.log"/>
  <param name="append" value="true"/>
   <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ISO8601} [%t] %-5p %c %x -
%m%n"/>
  </layout>
 </appender>
 <appender name="STDOUT" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
   <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ISO8601} [%t] %-5p %c %x -
%m%n"/>
  </layout>
 </appender>
 <category name="com.divine" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.engine.util" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.core.properties" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.engine.transform" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.engine.router" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.engine.registry" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.engine.aggregate" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <category name="com.divine.engine.service" additivity="true">
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="TEMP1"/>
 </category>
 <root>