I'm wondering if the answer is extending Priority to accomodate
Priority.OFF?

                    "Sam Newman"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    plets.com>             cc:     (bcc: Craig Reichenbach/CAM/Lotus)

                                           Subject:     disabling categories (was:
channels in Log4j)
                    07/30/2001 05:48

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "LOG4J Users

                    Mailing List"

Gotcha. Sorry if I was appering thick :-). From looking at the code, I
couldn't see the expected category.disable or similar method (or am I
wrong?) so I guess the only way to disable the logging to a category would
be to either wrap the use of the category with your own code (e.g. check is
activity before logging) or to remove all the attached appenders. Any
veteran Log4j people out here with a better idea?

sam