Mark,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mark Lepak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>> I am working on a project that requires logging for two purposes:
>> 1.  logging system level errors, warnings, etc.. (WARN, ERROR, DEBUG)
>> 2.  logging application specific events.  (User X did this)

Another point to consider : users can modify the log4j configuration file, if you
don't take care.
This can have an impact if you use (*2) to track actions that have to be recorded for
billing.

One solution : put the file in a jar, but again, a smart user could modify it : unzip,
edit, rezip

Alain Ravet
Brussels, Belgium

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner !