I am new in LOG4J. I have a simple question.

I need to add two category com.test.reports, com.test.web and all the
messages for those categories should be logged using those appenders and all
the undefined categories should be logged using root category. How can I do
that?

Using the below config file what is happening is all the information are
logged using root as well even if there are valid categories, SO the
messages are logged in two appenders. Pl let me know what am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Jiji

        <category name="com.test.reports">
          <priority value="DEBUG" />