From: Thomas Tuft Muller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 8:58 AM
To: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Class A fault in rolling-file algorithm(s)

Stephen,

Ceki pointed out that I was imprecise (and probably rude), and he was
totally right. I went out of my way (my apologies to the log4j development
team). I didn't mean that other people should refrain from using log4j, I
just pointed out that I personally will consider it in future/concurrent
projects.

This is by no means a proof that there is a flaw in Log4j, it could turn out
that it is in our application (even though it seems very unlikely at the
time). This problem has my complete attention now, and I'm in the process of
writing a test-program that hopefully can isolate the situations in which it
occures and hopefully give a hint of where the fault is.

Will send the results to Jon Skeet who most kindly promised to look into it.

Regards,

--

Thomas