<snip>

> Will send the results to Jon Skeet who most kindly promised
> to look into it.

Like Stephen, I'd like to say thanks for the open post :)

One thing though: I'll certainly look into any code you send me, but
would you mind if others did too? I'm far from an expert on Log4j and
the more eyes that look at this problem, the faster it's likely to be
resolved :)

If you'd like me to put the code up on my website somewhere temporarily,
I'm happy to do that.

Of course, if this is a matter of confidentiality instead, I'll happily
respect that and look at it on my own.

Cheers,
Jon