Hi
I have a bit of a baffling problem. I am using the RollingFileAppender and
I can't find the back-up file that should be created once my log file
reaches the maximum specified size.  It is strange because the log4j
configuration output seems to indicate that the file has been renamed. The
output says:
log4j: Renaming file ..\logs\RmiLog.txt to ..\logs\RmiLog.txt.1
but RmiLog.txt.1 does not exist anywhere on my drive.

This is the relevant excerpt from my XML configuration file:

<!--This is a rolling file appender-->
     <appender name="ROLLINGFILE" class=
"org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
       <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>
       <param name="File" value ="../logs/RmiLog.txt"/>
       <param name="MaxFileSize" value="5KB"/>
       <param name = "MaxBackupIndex" value="2"/>
          <param name="ConversionPattern" value=" %d{ISO8601} %-5p [%t]
       </layout>
     </appender>

I have looked through the mail archives, but can't seem to find any answer
to this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Lyndsey