i think what you see in the console is your system.outs ... remove them from the
code and try ...

-----Original Message-----
From: T Master [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 5:12 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Turning a Category On/Off

After setting my logger to DEBUG to stop info() messages, I am still getting
output.
Anyone have ideas why please?

Below are some clear details on code, stdout, and file output.

Code:
        System.out.println("********** UPDATE SUCCESS -> OFF");
        ejbSuccess.setPriority(Priority.DEBUG);
        ejbSuccess.info("********** UPDATE SUCCESS -> OFF");
        System.out.println("********** success is " +
ejbSuccess.getChainedPriority().toString() );

Console Output:
********** UPDATE SUCCESS -> OFF
********** success is DEBUG

My File contains: