I am using log4j in JBoss. in JBoss 2.2.2, I was able to use
log4j.properties for jboss's logging and kietralog4j.properties(the name of
my company) for my web applications logging. I had added a system variable
log4j.configuration=kietralog4j.properties to my run script for JBoss. I had
uncommented the MLet code that allowed log4j to be used in JBoss 2.2.2(is
commented by default). Anyway, I have now updated to JBoss 2.4.3 and now my
webapp is logging based off of the log4j.properties file rather than the
kietralog4j.properties file that I want it to. I have not changed anything
besides jboss.

In the log4j documentation it explains in the log4j manual under the heading
"Log4j Initilization in Application Servers" that the "The easiest solution
is to modify jboss' log4j configuration file". However I would like the
elegance and safety of having them in two different properties files. Is
there a more complex solution to this that would allow me and other JBoss
people to have separate log4j properties files?

Chris Heady
Kietra Corp.