> Not specifically Log4J related, but worthy of note.
>
> I'd strongly suggested anyone considering moving up to JDK1.4
> take a long hard
> look at the following bug (and hopefully vote it up the priority list)
>
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4523761.html
>
> I'm lost for words how Sun could release JDK1.4 with such a
> large and obvious
> incompatibility with the Java spec and previous releases.
> It's stopped our
> migration in it's tracks, as I suspect it will a lot of people.

Before you vote for it to go up the priority list, I suggest you take a good and
*very* hard look at it. I'm investigating it at the moment, but I don't think it *is*
a bug. I believe the submitted hasn't really looked at what's going on properly -
there's a perfectly good reason why the code is recursing (and giving that output)
without instanceof being problematic.

Jon